I haven’t done one of these in awhile – so here is a current list of Vivi and Brigie’s favorites.
(1) Dressing up and being dramatic: It took her awhile to get here, but she loves dressing up and performing. Her life is a musical. I found some used ballerina costumes for cheap at a vintage shop, and they are the perfect dress up clothes. They are tiny adult sizes, so she can wear them with room for growing, and they are ball gown length on her – perfect!
(2) Dancing, dancing, dancing: It never stops! If you drop by and stand still long enough, she’ll put on a performance for you. These extra awesome glittery ballet shoes make it even more real.
(3) Lunch dates with Daddy: He is her knight in shining armor and the man of her dreams. She lights up when he comes home, and regularly talks about how she can’t wait to tell him such and such that happened during her day. His words of encouragement and pride make her feel like she can move mountains. Since school is out, we are always looking for outings and meeting him for lunch and getting a special cookie afterwards is the best kind of treat.
(1) Climbing into things: She is a walking pro, and loves climbing into or onto things. Her current favorite spot to hide is a cabinet in the sunroom. It’s the cutest.
(2) Being read to: Finally, she is enjoying books. Vivi drinks them up like water, and has since I can remember, but I have had a hard time getting Brigie to sit still for a book. She is starting to really enjoy it, and cuddling up with her is a treat for me. Goodnight Moon and I am a Bunny are two current favorites.
(3) Putting supper in her hair: She is the messiest little eater. Vivi was much neater – or maybe I just fed her more than letting her do it herself. Either way, Brigie loves running yogurt, fruit, or whatever through her hair, so she gets bathed often. Which works out just as well for her because she squeals and splashes like it’s the best thing ever.
(1) These shoes! I am not normally a Birkenstock person, but after trying several different pairs of sandals, these are the perfect combo of comfy and cute. The silver straps add just the right bit of polish and my feet are happy on walks or playdates outside.
(2) Short hair! I got it cut a few weeks ago, and I’m loving it. It’s so much easier, and it’s just a nice change. Getting a different haircut always gives me energy for some reason; you kind of feel like a new person and I’m re-inspired to tackle some new and different things.